Different needs. Always Sensis.
- Increased diagnostic confidence ‒ through excellent signal quality and advanced tools like integrated FFR
- Support for a wide variety of cath lab exams – through automated calculations and full vital signs monitoring
- Structured data documentation and automated report generation ‒ with the Sensis Information System (SIS)
Whether right heart catheter, congenital or coronary interventions – Sensis helps improve diagnostic confidence through excellent signal quality and reliable measurements. You benefit from automated calculations of gradients, shunts, valve areas, and resistances. An integrated FFR option allows you to quickly perform FFR measurements during a procedure.
Integrated measurement of fractional flow reserve (FFR)
In collaboration with St. Jude MedicalTM and VOLCANOTM we integrated the calculation of fractional flow reserve (FFR) into our hemodynamic recording system. This allows you to determine the physiological significance1 of coronary lesions without the need for stand-alone FFR instrumentation.
Benefits of seamless integration:
- Shorter set-up times and more convenient operation for FFR
- Flexibility to work with either Volcano or St. Jude Medical pressure wires
- Display of measurements on Sensis monitors
- Complete documentation of FFR data in the Sensis report
Never, ever again miss a pullback. With Sensis, efficient measurements are supported through functionalities like virtual or sequential pullback:
- Virtual pullback measurements allow independent calculation of pressure gradients from two separate pressure measurements
- Sequential pullback measurements provide a convenient way to perform pullback over several sites with calculation of every single and the overall gradient. A must for pediatrics as repeated pullbacks are no longer needed
Intuitive user guidance
Sensis offers many features that facilitate your routine. Customizable workflow support programs with configurable activities help you standardize procedures – without sacrificing the flexibility to adapt to individual requirements any time. You can benefit from efficient workflows and a constant quality level, even with a rotating staff.
In addition, Sensis makes complex measurements easy by offering intuitive guidance through every step of the process.
The Hemodynamic Worksheet represents a convenient tool for pediatric and right heart catheterization studies as it provides you with an overview of hemodynamic data across conditions:
- Compare pressures, gradients, flows, and resistances across conditions
- Create “what if” scenarios by copying pressures and cardiac flows across conditions
- Select representative pressures for reporting and calculations
Workflow support program
Customized workflow support programs can speed up your procedures with full flexibility to adapt to every specific patient
- Predefined activities for every workflow step guide you through the respective procedure, increasing efficiency and documentation quality
- Fast learning curve for new staff members
- Flexibility to skip or repeat steps/activities, or to leave and return to the program during the procedure
Automated report generation
Report generation has never been easier and more time-efficient. In combination with the optional Sensis Information System (SIS), Sensis supports automatic generation of multiple reports in different layouts. So when your patient leaves the lab, your report is ready to be sent. You can also add X-ray images, graphics of the coronary tree, congenital heart pictures or a CARTO™ Heart Map to illustrate the procedure. Sensis can even automatically e-mail the reports to predefined addresses.
- Efficient data exchange and dose report ‒ via bidirectional communication with Artis imaging systems
- Smooth workflow even with limited staff ‒ with the Artis tableside control or the Sensis nurse workstation
- EP lab integration ‒ through optional EP application
- Easy integration into your hospital information system ‒ for a multi-lab environment
Smart integration with Artis
The smart combination with the Artis imaging systems improves the customers’ workflow in a way only a truly integrated solution can do.
- The Sensis amplifier is seamlessly integrated into the Artis table ‒ for free patient access and easy cleaning.
- From patient registration to reporting, Sensis is your central point of data handling. Demographic patient data are exchanged automatically with Artis
- You can quickly obtain dose values and X-ray images for comprehensive reporting.
- The Artis tableside touchscreen console for Artis zee, Artis zeego, Artis Q and Artis Q.zen offers remote control of the main recording functionalities right at your fingertips.
With its DICOM compatibility and extended HL7 engine, Sensis also seamlessly networks with other Siemens and third-party solutions.
The optional nurse workstation gives you the flexibility to control the full Sensis functionality from within your lab.
When staff is limited, this allows the scrub nurse to also control the Sensis from inside the room.
Integrating the EP lab
Besides hemodynamics, Sensis optionally supports electrophysiological (EP) procedures. The high-quality signals of up to 128 intracardiac electrode inputs increase diagnostic reliability. Advanced analysis tools allow you to conveniently compare the clearly displayed waveforms.
The Holter functionality lets you navigate faster and offers an improved overview during longer EP studies.
Furthermore, Sensis provides interfaces to third-party EP systems like stimulators, ablators or mapping systems ‒ thus integrating all relevant data on your Sensis.
Multiple labs connected
Integrate your cath lab into your clinical environment. To set up a multi-lab solution, simply use Sensis as a server ‒ i.e. as an integrated database for all Sensis acquisition systems.
- Access and analyze information from all connected labs, post-processing or reporting workstations
- Bidirectional communication with syngo Dynamics for departmental reporting and multimodality image archiving.
- Integration into your hospital information system (HIS) via HL7, DICOM or ASCII.
- Extended application spectrum – through space-saving combination of hemodynamics and EP
- Enhanced documentation and reporting capabilities ‒ by connecting different workstations
- Smart diagnostic tools – for example for constrictive pericarditis
A scalable solution for hemodynamics and EP
With Sensis, you decide what you really need. You can choose between a full version and the lean version, Sensis Lite. With both, you can run advanced hemodynamic applications and, optionally, EP applications. Sensis Lite can additionally support basic EP examinations with up to 32 ICEG channels, and the full combined Sensis version including hemodynamics and EP enables advanced EP procedures with up to 128 ICEG channels. Various interfaces to stimulator, ablator, imaging, and mapping systems help increase efficiency. Further advantages: since you need only one Sensis for both hemodynamics and EP, you need less space, you have only one interface resulting in less training, you have all data in one database, and you can minimize your hardware investments.
Not sure about your future needs? With Sensis, you gain the opportunity to scale up at a later stage, be it to a multi-lab solution, a combo environment or advanced reporting connectivity.
Customized documentation and reporting options
Whether standalone or multi-lab, Sensis meets your documentation and reporting requirements. In a multi-lab environment, Sensis can support additional workplaces such as the reporting, post-processing or nurse workstation. You also gain access to numerous tools, including Coronary Tree Illustrator, Heart Picture Illustrator or Statistics Manager.
Moreover, you can use data from other connected labs for more comprehensive statistical analyses.
New Coronary Tree Illustrator (CTI)
The new coronary tree illustrator allows very fast and intuitive visualization of coronaries, aberrations and implanted devices
- Detailed documentation of indications and outcomes after the intervention
- Graphical representation for discussions with patients and family
- Automated implementation into Sensis report
- Continuous synchronization between CTI and data for ACC PCI reporting
Heart picture illustrator
Sensis is an essential part of an integrated cath lab solution for pediatric cardiology. With the Congenital Heart Picture illustrator it offers automatic insertion of hemodynamic data into the picture created during the examination
- Allows design of a heart picture through selection from an extensive menu of congenital heart defect templates (like Mullins Atlas)
- Pressure values and color-coded oxygen saturations can be instantly displayed in the appropriate chambers and vessels
- Complete documentation in the Sensis report
Advanced diagnostic support
Sensis offers special features for advanced users, such as automated calculation of the systolic area index (SAI). According to a 2008 study2, SAI is the method of choice for the diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis compared to other diagnostic techniques. So far, the calculation of this index has been time-consuming, as area measurements and calculations had to be performed manually. With the SAI option, Sensis now offers a very efficient method to diagnose and document constrictive pericarditis.
Flexible and comprehensive reporting, using customized report templates at separate Sensis workplaces. Automated calculation of systolic area index (SAI) to diagnose constrictive pericarditis.
1For more clinical information please refer to www.FAMEstudy.com
2Constrictive Pericarditis in the Modern Era: Novel Criteria for Diagnosis in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Deepak R. Talreja et al, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2008; 51; 315-319.